Sinhala (Sri Lanka)Tamil (Sri Lanka)

CA Sri Lanka

    Font size
  • Increase font size
  • Decrease font size

General FAQ

You need to obtain the Academic Transcript and a Letter of Good Standing to claim exemptions from other foreign professional bodies.

The Member Relations Division will be able to assist you to obtain your transcripts.

The Institute is a member of International Federation of Accountants (IFAC), the Confederation of Asian and Pacific Accountants (CAPA) and is a Founder member of the South Asian Federation of the Accountants (SAFA). The Institute also enjoys a reciprocal agreement with the Institute of Chartered Accountants of England and Wales (ICAEW).

If membership has lapsed, you need to pay a restoration fee of LKR 6000.00/- and the membership fee for each outstanding year.

You need to submit an application to the Member Relations Division, if you meet the below criteria.

  1. Associate member (ACA) with a good standing for 5 years or more
  2. Comply with CPD requirements for the preceding 5 years.

However, under the Special Fellowship Scheme, an ACA having 15 years continuous membership with a good career progression is eligible to apply.

  1. Directory of Members and Practicing firms
  2. The Abacus
  3. Members Identity Card
  4. Special Life Insurance scheme
  5. Personalized Corporate card from HNB
  6. CPD events on current and vital subjects
  7. Social/ Entertainment events

Yes there is a concessional rate for members over 55 years of age and have retired from practice and other business activities.

You will then pay only LKR 1,200/= during your membership renewals.

Primarily, you need to meet the eligibility criteria of applying for the practicing certificate
(i.e complete 2 years of training at an Audit Firm after completing the final Level I  examination)

You may then handover the duly filled application along with the relevant applicable fee to the Member Relations Division.

The certificate will be processed within a month.