Our qualifications have gained recognition across the globe. The Institute of chartered Accountants of Sri Lanka also revises its syllabus every five years to meet the growing demand in the market and to ensure the qualifications are on par with global standards.
The course structure of the Institute consists of:
- Certificate in Accounting and Business – 1 (CAB - I)
- Certificate in Accounting and Business – II (CAB-II)
- CA Professional (Strategic Level 1) – Diploma in Accounting and Business
- CA Professional (Strategic Level II)
- CA Professional (Post Strategic) Level
Certificate in Accounting and Business – 1 (CAB - I)
- 01104 Financial Accounting
- 02104 Business Mathematics & Statistics
- 03104 Management and Business Economics
- 04100 Business English I
Certificate in Accounting and Business – II (CAB-II)
- 05204 Fundamentals of Management Accounting and Business Finance
- 06204 Audit & Assurance
- 07204 Information Management
- 08204 Accounting Applications and Taxation
- 09200 Business English II
CA Professional (Strategic Level 1) – Diploma in Accounting and Business
- 12306 Financial Reporting Framework
- 13304 Strategic Management Accounting
- 14304 Strategic Management Process
- 15304 Advanced Taxation & Strategic Tax Planning
- 16304 Commercial Law & Corporate Law
- 17300 Business English III - Part 1
CA Professional (Strategic Level II)
- 20404 Advanced Financial Reporting
- 21404 Strategic Financial Management
- 22404 Business Strategy & Knowledge Management
- 23404 Advanced Audit and Assurance
CA Professional (Post Strategic) Level
- Top CA Case Study
|CAB I (Certified Accounting & Business I)||
|CAB II (Certified Accounting & Business II)||
|DAB (Diploma in Accounting & Business II) / Strategic Level I||
|Strategic Level II||
|Post Strategic (Top CA Case Study)||
Registered students who have paid their annual subscriptions for the current year may sit the examination, provided the eligibility requirements are satisfied.
Applications should be made on Examination Application Forms, obtainable from the Institute and provincial centres during the periods specified from time to time.
An examination application form may be obtained in person or by sending a written request and a self-addressed 23cm x 10cm stamped envelope to:
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Sri Lanka
30 A, Malalasekera Mawatha, Colombo 7.
Yes, students under the following two categories are permitted to sit for Strategic level examination without completing the training requirement.
- Members of CIMA
- Full time lecturers in approved universities of Sri Lanka, lecturing in Accounting or/and Finance subjects.
Yes, the Institute publishes notices in Sinhala, Tamil and English newspapers calling for examination applications.
The completed application form together with the self-addressed acknowledgment post-card (duly stamped ) the bank paying-in-slip and 2 self-addressed 23cm x 10cm stamped envelopes should be sent to the Director Examinations by registered post to reach him on or before the closing date of applications as announced from time to time.
A late application fee will be charged on all late applications up to ten days after the closing date of applications. Thereafter, applications will not be accepted.
The Institute will send an acknowledgment postcard to the applicant.
- Certificate Level 1 and Certificate Level 2 Examinations are held in March and September each year.
- Strategic Level 1 and Strategic Level 2 Examinations are held in June and December each year.
- Case Study Examination is held twice a year.
- Certificate Level 1 and 2 Examinations to be held towards the end of the 2nd and 3rd week of March.
- Strategic Level 1 and 2 Examinations to be held in the 4th week of June
- Certificate Level 1 and 2 Examinations to be held towards the end of the 1st and 2nd week of September.
- Strategic Level 1 and 2 Examinations to be held in the 3rd week of December
- In addition to these main examinations, two special examinations for Business English one and two examinations for the Multidisciplinary Case study are also held.
- Applications for four main examinations are normally closed 3 months prior to the examination.
- Students planning for sit a particular examination should contact the Institute at least 3 months prior to the examination.
Certificate Level 1 and 2
- Candidates are permitted to answer in Sinhala, Tamil or English. Answer for one subject should be in one medium only.
Strategic Level 1 and 2
- Candidates should answer in English only.
- Answer booklets and supplementary booklets printed in different colours will be provided to candidates to answer the examinations.
Yes, according to the new examination Syllabus, from Certificate Level II onwards, candidates are permitted to apply one subject.
However, in Certificate Level I it is compulsory to apply all the subjects applicable to the candidate. If a candidate passes some subjects without completing the examination, those passes will be carried forward.
According to these procedures, there will be no limitation in the number of attempts, to sit an examination.
The Institute does not refund or transfer examination fees under any circumstances.
The Certificate Level 1 Examination is conducted in Kandy, Galle, Rathnapura, Kurunegala, Anuradhapura, Jaffna and Kalmunai in addition to centres in Colombo.
The Certificate Level II Examination is conducted in Kandy, Galle, Kurunegala, Jaffna and Anuradhapura outstation centres. The Strategic Level Examination is conducted in Colombo only.
A candidate should sit the examination at the centre and in the hall mentioned in his/her Examination Admission Card.
The Institute publishes the examination results by
- Displaying detailed results in the Institute's website
- Sending a letter to each candidate informing his/her detailed results.
Yes, candidates who obtain the highest total marks and who pass the examination at first attempt are eligible for Order of Merit Prizes and Certificates.
Also candidates who obtain highest marks for each subject (other than Business Communication) at their first attempt are eligible for Subject Prize.
||Exam Fees CAB I- 1 or 2 Papers||1,400 Per Paper
||Exam Fees CAB I- 3 or 4 Papers||3,850
|EX02||Exam Fees CAB II - Per Paper
|EX03||Exam Fees Strategic Level I - Per Paper||2,800|
|EX04||Exam Fees Strategic Level II - Per Paper||4,150|
|EX05||Exam Fees Case Study
Yes, an additional 50% is charged for late applications, received up to 10 days late from the closing date for examinations. Thereafter no late applications will be entertained.
Tel - 011 2352000 Ext. 223, 224